so we got back from the mountains again. This trip was really cool and worth the drive. We left late on friday. Probably aroud 4 or 5. After a log drive all the way to Glenwood springs and then south to marble. From Marble, we had to turn the 4wd on in the 89 Tacoma pretty soon. The road was getting really crazy and we decided not to keep going. There is no way we would have stopped if the tacoma was starting properly,but pushstarting the truck would be impossible on most of the road. We got our bags and with the headlamps on we took off on the road. Remembering the map, we made it after like 3 hours to the trailhead, finding a good road all the way. In fact, we passed the worst part of the road in the truck. The rest of the road would have been a piece of cake. it was 1am when we arrived and pitched the tent. Vera and I decided to sleep outside, cause the sky was clear and it wasnt really cold. At 5-30 I woke up seeing 3 people leaving to the mountain.Unfortunately, we slept late and right at 9-30 we knew there is no way we can make it to the summit and back without getting trapped in an afternoon storm and rain, which are so common in these mountains in the summer. Anyway, we decided to hike up to the lake and as far under the face of the mountain as we could. It was really worth it, and the scenery was just unbelievable. I think this part of the state is the most beutiful right after the small area around Loveland pass. I hope I make it back to this area soon. If anyone has the chance and will actually go there, go check out the rigid air pass.It is a long long hike, but its supose to be the shit with the crazy view of maroon bells mountain and the whole crazy steep mountain range.
unfortunately my digital camera died last weekend on Mt.blanca... It got wet in a storm and is really dead now...
Ill show you some pictures from the trip right when I get the films developed.
No comments:
Post a Comment