There is a lot of beautiful mountains in Switzerland and for past few weeks I have been trying to find some "easy" 4000ers, which would be a great to start with. Some that dont involve long exposed technical climbing.
well this is what I came up with so far.
we would like to start with the mount WEISSMIES(4023) which is really close to the town of Saas Fee. The other possibilities to acclimatize would also be NADELHORN(4327) and ALLALINHORN(4027). we will see when we get there.
After the first couple of climbs we would like to traverse the DOM mountain massive to the valley just west of Saas Fee to Zermatt to see MATERHORN once again. from there we will probably hike to the MONTE ROSA HUT which is a starting point for a lot of 4000.I would like to summit one of the sumits of LYSKAMM(4527) and traverse to the other one, or get to the top of CASTOR(4226) and POLLUX(4092).
Right now the only thing we can do is to read as much as we can about these mountains, get in shape, get all the neccesary gear we still dont have and wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment